6.3.08

NC for Dre's B-Day




So I decided to take a few days off before things get busy with work. I had Andre's BDay coming up and no good plan for it. I thought about a big party, DJ and the whole gig but then Liz pointed out his interest in Outdoor activities etc.. This came from a book he was reading called "Into the Wild" about Christopher Mcandless and his venture into Denali where he later was found dead. So he had been talking about Outward Bound

So I decided to take him as a surprise to NC and visit Nantahala Outdoor Center, US National Whitewater Center, Appallachian Trail, Blue Ridge Parkway, Smoky Mountains National Park etc.. The plan changed a bit once we got there, so I will post more about the rest of the trip soon...

OK so we ended up doing a University visit trip. Andre suggested and I jumped.

We visited UNC Asheville, Appalachian State University, Davidson College, Queens University and UNC Charlotte. Apparently Andre like many of us felt more comfortable with the smaller schools like Davidson but Queens University is probably his favorite. It had a nursing program and is ranked in the top of nursing programs in NC.

So we'll see where it goes from there..Up to Dre now. Maybe some more April open houses to see what can happen.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Transplante de Cabelo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://transplante-de-cabelo.blogspot.com. A hug.