11.8.08

Leadville 2008

OK so everyone knows I cancelled but I kept in touch with many people and here is the lowdown. Doc (Bill Wenmark) on his UMPTeenth race in Leadville fell down and broke his collarbone during the parade leading up to race day. Mick another awesome guy in his UMPteenth race, broke his wrist prior to raceday and raced in a cast, and finished!! I feel like such a bum. Art, the wonderful guy we all asked a million questions before race day and past National and World MTB Champion somehow had some blood clotting issues and had to rush home for treatment ( I hope he reads this I wish you the speediest recovery ).

Of course this is not all bad, Jan from Cali finished the race. Joh Odle apparently did also on his single speed in 10:27:04, whoa... Nancy his wife DNF'ed somewhere around Columbine but she just broke something recently I don't remember I think her ankle sheesh thats hardcore.

Finally here is what everyone wants to know more about, yes Lance did NOT win but he is so awesome to blow this race out of the water the way he did:

removed the autoplaying video

No comments: