16.2.08

Airport hangin...


I am sitting in Charlotte Airport waiting on a connecting flight back to Miami. I had a nice Carolina BBQ sandwich and cornbread. Yes I am bored.



So I am completeing another trip to Scottsdale to visit my new bosses and get a better idea of the systems I will be supporting. I am confident that I can do this easily. I hope they feel the same, but there is an underlying feeling that they are soooo big that I will have to do VERY well to impress them. In Scottsdale they have someone for everything, they have admin people for every detail of daily work, there are managers of managers of managers..etc. It isn't a bad structure, as they would put it a "matrix" instead of hierarchial.


I did what they call a PC or Personal Commitment, which is a doc to state what my goals are for the year, my personal traits etc.. I basically tried to make it a little lofty while using what they already had as an example of some good starter goals.


I just read up to page 88 of the Billy Bragg book, it is an interesting book teaching me about some of Englands history as well as how Billy has been influenced by England and it's history in his music, especially the more political parts of his music and career. He gets into the geneaology of his family that albeit they were fairly normal people, they seem to have had as much interest in social causes as he does.


I guess I need to shut down..running out of battery.


cyall in Miami

No comments: