14.2.08

My sons...

From Billy Bragg's book "The Progressive Patriot" page 5 of the intro, yes I got that far...:

"My son is a part of me, and I want the best for him; I want him to flourish, to be at ease with himself, to be admired. But I recognize that he is not perfect, and when he makes mistakes I am compelled to speak out and correct him - I can't merely accept and applaud everything he does just because he's my son. Why not? Because I love him and I don't want him to grow up to be a spoiled brat whom others despise - I want him to understand that there are consequences for his actions in the wide world. When he lives up to my expectations, I am immensely proud. And when we're apart, I think of him every day."

That is how I feel, I love you happy Valentines day, you make me very proud because you are an especially good son.
Dad

No comments: